• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BHSNOW

BHSNOW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

I purchased the MyHeritage 40% off deal earlier this week and don't have a clue how to get to the data and link findings from my RM tree.

After being on hold a VERY long time with MyHeritage support I discovered that what I thought I was purchasing was not the same as the Premium membership I had a couple of years ago. Just access to their data records. (Now I get messages that my tree exceeds the MyHeritage Basic plan and I have to upgrade. Whatever.)  If I search the site using my login I can access data on the MyHeritage site which is all I wanted.

But...Is there no data hint indicator for MyHeritage in RM as there is for Ancestry or Family Tree? How do I connect what I find on MyHeritage data search to the people in my RM tree?

BTW, the OCR of newspaper articles on MH is pretty bad. I have yet to see how it will show up in RM which is why I'm trying to get answers here. No tutorial I could find for this particular topic that seemed clear to me.

Thank you for any suggestions or direction.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6267 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

There is no direct transfer of MH source data to RM. You do it manually. Essentially, the MH WebHints interface provides an automatic search of MH databases for those people currently in view.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 mjashby

mjashby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 04:25 AM

@BHSNOW

Also, if no WebHints 'flags' are appearing for MyHeritage, check that that the Webhints are turned on in 'Tools' > File Options > WebHints.  There's a separate Tick Box for each available WebHints Provider so users can switch on/off those they are/aren't interested in seeing.

Mervyn

MJA

"A Mac User with Windows Tendencies"

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3608 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:13 AM

Further clarifying WebHints for ancestry.com and for FamilySearch are already there on the site, even if you don't use RM. You can go to the site and see them. The WebHints for MyHeritage are not already there, so if you go to the site you can't see them because there is nothing to see. The MyHeritage WebHints are calculated on the fly. RM sends a query (a search, if you will) to MyHeritage, MyHeritage performs the query, and sends the results back to RM. RM presents the results to you as WebHints. From RM's point of view, the process is not so very different for ancestry.com and FamilySearch. The difference is on the site, where the hints are already there for ancestry.com and FamilySearch but they are calculated on the fly by MyHeritage.

Jerry