4 replies to this topic

#1 swendl

swendl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Hi.  My first question on this forum!

I have successfully connected my Ancestry tree with RM7.  

I attached a media item to a person in my RM database and tried to sync with Ancestry.  However, RM said there was no changes to be synced.  Both sides of the transfer panel were blank.  

Does the sync only work one way?  What am I missing here? 

Thanks for anyone's help.

Steve

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2930 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Precisely what is your media item attached to in RM? Is it a person's general record. A person's name? A source? A citation? etc.?

For some of the places you can attach media in RM, the media file should be able to be uploaded to ancestry without problems. For other places you can attach media in RM, the media file cannot be uploaded to ancestry because ancestry does not support doing so.

Jerry

From the TreeShare guide:

Media Items Not Supported

• Media items that are larger than 20 MB
  • HTML files as media
  • Media linked to the Master source, a family, places, place details, or names (Media linked to a person, an event, or citation is uploaded.)

#3 swendl

swendl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

The media item is a .jpg file, only about 100k in size.  I attached it in the "Media" section of the individual's record of RM7.

Thanks for responding Jerry.  According to what you wrote, though, it seems like the .jpg should have synced.

Steve

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2930 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:33 PM

Yes, it should have synced. I'm presently out of ideas.

Jerry

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7701 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 10:28 AM

Sounds like its in the general media section for the person. Is it also check as the Primary photo? If so you need to uncheck it and move it to a fact media to get it to upload. Then on Ancestry you can move it for their primary photo. Its the difference between two fields in Ancestry for primary name and general media items to only one location in RM. 

Renee
RootsMagic