• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bruckshaw

bruckshaw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:37 AM

I am trying to export a gedcom. I get as far as the "people" screen and give the new file a name and click Save. I am told that a small Save As screen should appear. It does not but immediately starts a Save operation.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2746 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

There really isn't a Save As screen by that name.

The workflow is as follows.

• File->Export
  • Choose people to export and set export options.  Click on Ok.
  • The Windows screen to specify a file name and folder location appears. This may be the one you are calling Save As. Specify the file name and folder location.  Click Save and you should be done.

Jerry

#3 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2746 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hmm. Just reread you original post. I think you are doing everything correctly. After you click on Save, a progress screen will appear. But after the export is done, the progress screen disappears and there is no explicit notification that the export completed correctly. Is it possible that your export file was so small that you never saw the progress screen? What you might do is to look for the .GED file with Windows Explorer or File Explorer, whatever it is called in your current version of Windows.

Another thing to check on is to be sure that your people selection process is selecting at least a few people. For testing purposes, you could just select everybody.

Jerry