2 replies to this topic

#1 Nancy Wehner

Nancy Wehner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

I'm very diligent when adding media to my file to tag the media in various ways - by the people, by the event, etc. But I'm at a loss as to how you search by tags. For instance, if I want to find all the media that is tagged to William Oscar Niles, how would I do that? Can I do that? I can't seem to find an answer in the Help material or anywhere else. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

Go to William Oscar Niles and look in the upper left hand corner of the screen for some icons. The menu bar starts in the very left hand corner of the screen where it says File, Edit, Lists, etc. Right under that is the tool bar which can do most of the same things as the menu bar except that it's done by icons instead of by words. The icons I'm talking about are right under the tool bar in the upper left part of the screen. Not everyone in your database will have icons, but most of the people in your database will. If you are on William Oscar Niles, one of his icons will be a camera icon. Click on his camera icon and it will show you all his media.

Jerry

#3 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3442 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

But I'm at a loss as to how you search by tags. For instance, if I want to find all the media that is tagged to William Oscar Niles, how would I do that? Can I do that?

Reports->Lists->Multimedia List->People to include

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N