• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bev1949

Bev1949

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:32 PM

I am trying to get into my old version 6 on my Toshiba laptop and it's coming up blank. I haven't used it in awhile.   We just got a Mac Sierra and I need to move my files.  I am not technical at all so I'm stuck not knowing where to begin.

#2 J P

J P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:42 AM

I am trying to get into my old version 6 on my Toshiba laptop and it's coming up blank. I haven't used it in awhile.   We just got a Mac Sierra and I need to move my files.  I am not technical at all so I'm stuck not knowing where to begin.

Install RM7 for Mac (latest version); move your RM files to somewhere on your Mac, usually via a USB thumb drive; start RM, access the RM Program Options under the Tools pull down and point all the Folder options at the locations where you stored the existing RM files.

I suggest you set up an RM folder within your Mac Documents folder, and then create separate subdirectories for Data, Backups, etc, and move your existing files to the appropriate folder. When you set the Folder options in RM, you will end up with a path that is on the Y disk. From an RM perspective, the Y disk is mapped to your user data on the Mac, so the path looks something like Y://Documents/RM/Data for example. (I suspect I’ve got the :// the wrong way round, or slightly incorrect, but that should be built for you automatically as you browse the file system using the “...”.)