4 replies to this topic

#1 GlenB

GlenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:05 PM

I have a person who is matched and RM says there is something new for her so I go to look.

I click on the Sources tab which says (1) on it.

Both the RM Sources and the FS Sources say "Loading...." and it has been that way for 10 minutes.

I've seen this before. The screen is not frozen, I can go back to Share data tab.

But when I come back to Sources (1) it is still saying that it's loading.

The only way I've found to get out of it is to Close the window (button at bottom right corner).

If I go back in to the What's New list of people with changes, this person is gone from the list because I tried to work on her.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8037 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 10:32 AM

Not sure if it was temporary issue or not but I can see the sources in the FamilySearch Person Tools. 

Check the person on the FamilySearch website and see if sources were added and then removed. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 GlenB

GlenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

I'm sure it is temporary. 99% or better of the time it works exactly as expected. But this hang up has happened to me several times and I finally thought I'd mention it.

I have no idea if the problem is on your end or their end. But it feels like a data request is made and never received. There needs to be a timeout on that request. After some time, the request should get cancelled and the user informed that the "request failed, please try again". I'm sure it would succeed.

The problem for me is that I cannot do the retry through my own actions because to exit the hang up I have to leave the FS tools and re-enter at which point that person is no longer on the list of "new" things.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8037 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 02:04 PM

It would be on the FamilySearch end. If you can get to the Share Data tab click on the "Edit RootsMagic Person" button and then Groups. If you add them to a group, you can later filter to that group on the top level filter on the FamilySearch Person Tool index and work with them.  

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 GlenB

GlenB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:15 PM

Great suggestion Renee, I think that will do the trick!