• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Andyp

Andyp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:39 PM

I have just uploaded my family tree to Ancestry Treeshare and I am puzzled by the random appearance of source information.

I use my own custom source templates for all sources.

When uploading to Treeshare, I specify that sources are to be uploaded, but not media files (they are not included in RootsMagic).

When viewing an individual on Ancestry, in some cases there is a list of all the associated sources under 'Other Sources' with links back to the facts.

However, in other cases, all 'Other Sources' are missing.

It can even happen that a single source is associated with two individuals 'A' and 'B' and is listed for 'A' but not for 'B'.

Any ideas why this should be?

Andy

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7949 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

It's hard to tell without looking at what you are seeing. If you added source from a webhint then it will go under Ancestry sources. If you add it as your own source it goes under Other Sources. If you see the source missing on a spouse then it may have something to due with Ancestry not having family facts. 

You can open a support ticket so you can share information and screen shots. 

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5874 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

Isn't there still an issue with Person sources not having anything to which they can be tagged in Ancestry and Name sources on Ancestry still inaccessible in RM?

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7949 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

Yes there is. 

Renee
RootsMagic