1 reply to this topic

#1 tmduffy52

tmduffy52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

I am importing my data from Legacy Family Tree. I had issues regarding the importing of Legacy Stories, so as recommended by this forum I exported Legacy data to a GEDCOM file and them imported into RM, which turned the Legacy Stories into Facts (yeah). I'm finding that this process of importing creates some LDS ordnance status in RM to show as "Not in File", even though the data does appear in the FS side of the FS tool in RM. I tested importing the Legacy data using the RM feature of importing directly from the Legacy data file. This process does capture the correct ordinance status, but not my Legacy Stories. Rock and hard place. I really want to keep my stories and the GEDCOM import process. Is there a batch process I can use to update my LDS ordnance status in RM based on the FS data being displayed?

I hope this makes sense.

Ted

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7700 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:21 PM

Not sure where you are looking at the LDS Ordinance Status. I don't think I've ever seen "Not in File" before. If you are trying to set the LDS Ordinance Status on the fact level in RM those are the old "Temple Ready" ones. I wouldn't use them. If you set the status it will over ride displaying the ordinance date in some of the views. 

If your on FamilySearch Central and wanting to update the ordinance status just login and leave that screen open. Don't do anything else in RM. The official ordinances status will update. You will see the counts on the LDS Ordinance Status update. This won't bring in any new facts into the database, but it will update reserved, ready or done statuses. When you click a link they will appear on the list. 

If I want to keep track of names I have submitted, and their temple status I use a custom fact called FSFT. I will put in the description field a status for it. If you keep those notes consistent you can later search on them. Something you cannot do with those old temple ready ordinance statuses. 

Renee
RootsMagic