• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rosellirj

rosellirj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

When a new window pops up in RM, the underlying RM window cannot be moved. This is very frustrating when trying to compare information from another site with information on the new RM window. I never have this problem with other genealogy programs, where any of the windows can be moved. Please unlock the underlying window. Thanks.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7169 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

Confirming that is on the enhancement request list. 

You can open the database twice inside RM and use the Timeline View to enter information. It's like a big Edit Person screen. Then see the other views of the database at the same time. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 rosellirj

rosellirj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:09 PM

I just tried this. I opened the same database again while in RM, with the timeline view on one side. When double clicking on a marriage event in the timeline view, a new edit window opens. This can be moved, but neither the Timeline window nor the RootsMagic window underneath can be moved. They block the view of my browser window. Yes, I can click on the browser window to bring it forward, but often can't position it so I can see the relevant info in both RM and browser.

I am glad this is on the enhancement list.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7169 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 09:38 AM

You should be able to edit the marriage fact right inside the Timeline View. The edit fields are to the right. Just highlight the fact and edit. Double clicking will just open the Edit Person screen. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 rosellirj

rosellirj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

That will not work if you want to add a source and the information for the source is under the RM window. I look forward to when the underlying RM window can be moved.