• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rosellirj

rosellirj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

Gedcom files that are posted on sites which check for DNA matches only require birth/marriage/death information. Right now RM adds all events to a gedcom. I'd like to see a filter that allows the user to select which events to include in the gedcom export, or at the very least, an option to select BMD events only.

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5554 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:52 AM

You can laboriously edit the Lists > Fact Type List to set which types will export. If you need more than one export setting, this is a royal pain compounded because the list doesn't show which fact types are used. The wish list has a long-standing request for saving and recalling fact type settings.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2963 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:08 PM

Things continue to change with all types of different export and sharing needs. The resurgence of this wish make a case for profiles which can be used when exporting for certain needs or sharing with particular platforms.

If such custom profiles were introduced users could define which events were included in each profile.

“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today"

Current user of Rootsmagic version 7.5.0.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 and Legacy 8.0 on Win 7

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#4 rosellirj

rosellirj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:22 PM

For me, that would mean editing and unchecking about 80 fact types for a Gedcom export. Then I would have to re-edit and check those boxes again when I want a more inclusive Gedcom. As you say, quite laborious.

I would urge the developers to design a fact type filter that can be accessed from the file export page, not the fact type list page. The same filter could be accessible when creating HTML files, printing family group sheets, printing narrative reports or any other report that requires a selection of fact types in the report. The "Include when:" options could then be eliminated from the fact type list options.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7301 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic