Crossover MACbook RootsMagic

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 alandval

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:15 AM

I am only an occasional user of Rootsmagic, and was therefore concerned when I got the message about Crossover that started off this string of messages. I had never heard of Crossover before today ..... 

I found and read the solution proposed by Renee and started to follow it but apart from creating a backup of my data files, I was not successful in following all the other steps (my technical knowledge of the MAC is limited ).

So I decided that I would just try downloading and reinstalling Rootsmagic  without having deleted the old one. As I couldn't access the old version, I felt that this was unlikely to make the situation worse.

This worked - in at least as far as I can get into the software and access my family tree. 

Does that mean that I am likely to run into problems in the future or has the most recent version of Rootsmagic sorted the problem ?

#22 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7520 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:55 AM

A complete uninstall may not have been the solution for you. So if its working fine now then I don't see anything happening later. (Unless a new Mac update breaks something!)