• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rrmason1

rrmason1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:05 AM

I have a large family in RM7 with 2300+ LDS ordinances marked as submitted.  I am looking for a way to more easily update these submitted ordinances with actual ordinance dates, rather than checking them one at a time every few months. Is there a way to do this with RM, or is there a third party application, or is there a new feature coming in RM?  

What I would like is an application that I can pass a list of family search IDs and have it crawl the ordinances in Family Search Tree and return the ordinance date if it exists.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7360 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

There isn't a way to search on the old Temple Ready ordinance statuses. You could create a group with the different LDS Ordinances with blank dates. You will have to use a filter on each one of them. Use OR if you are listing more than one fact at a time.

LDS Baptism - date - is blank

OR

LDS Endowment - date is blank

Then use that group as the top level filter in the FamilySearch Person Tools sidebar index. You can work through each person and add the facts. It's not going to update the fact you already have so you'll have to open the Edit Person screen off the Ordinances tab to delete the old ones. While there you can click on Groups and remove them from the group you made. That will keep your group current. The list won't refresh until you reopen the FSPT screen.

I use a custom fact called FSFT to keep track of individuals' ordinance status. I have a bunch of codes I use so I can be consistent in what I name them and be able to search on them. I make groups for what I am working on and use that filter in the FSPT. I have one called Shared - so when I share a name with the temple I can follow-up later to see when it's done.

Every now and then open File>FamilySearch Central and login and just let the program sit without doing anything else. It will update the temple status. Not moving in the ordinance facts themselves but updating their temple icons. Use the links off FSC to find those with their status changed. 

Renee
RootsMagic