• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 uofacat01

uofacat01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

I'm not sure if I missed something, but I've noticed that changes I've made in RootsMagic 7 (and sent/accepted via TreeShare) aren't showing up in my Ancestry tree.  Is there a time delay for changes to show in Ancestry?  TIA!  :)

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7708 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

They should be showing right away. What are you trying to change that is not appearing?

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 mommelissamoo

mommelissamoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:20 PM

I am a fairly new member to RM  i used to be a Family Tree Maker user years ago, switched to RM4 and just purchased RM7.  I have been looking forward to the RM/Ancestry abilities.  I uploaded my RM tree that only has about 1/4 of my family  documented at the moment.  I uploaded the file to Ancestry.com and realized like others, that I am going to have to go individual by individual to attach the new, appropriate information to my RM tree when I download the Ancestry File back into RM

My question, if I add new family members to my linked RM file, will those new people show up in my linked Ancestry Tree? I don't want to load a bunch more in this family file and find out that it doesn't update my Ancestry linked file with the new names.  

Am I missing something here?

Thanks Melissa

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2936 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 09:02 PM

After the initial upload of your RM tree to ancestry, you have to approve each each and every change you make in either place to be moved to the other place. There is no "move all" or "copy all" option. Each tiny change has to be approved separately.

Jerry

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7708 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:01 AM

Unconnected people will show up in TreeShare. When you add them in either direction all their information goes with them. 

Renee
RootsMagic