• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lap1947

lap1947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:53 AM

I would prefer to keep my photos linked to my RM tree but not have them shared with my ancestry tree when I do TreeShare. Is there a way to prevent my photos from syncing to Ancestry?

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3973 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

You can prevent all media from syncing to Ancestry, but you can't prevent photos and allow other media such as images of documents. It's all or nothing.

The option appears when you first upload your RM tree to Ancestry. It's a check box which is checked by default, but you can uncheck it.

Jerry

#3 lap1947

lap1947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

If I do uncheck the media box, will new media in the ancestry tree download to the RM tree during TreeShare, or does this prevent all media from going back and forth? I really only wanted to keep my personal (linked to RM) media items in my RM tree, but have the ancestry media updating as I find new media when searching in ancestry. Is this possible, or should I just not add anything to RM that I don't want uploading to Ancestry and leave the media box checked? I am waiting to upload my RM tree to ancestry to decide what to do about media. Thank you so much for your response.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 8766 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 02:35 PM

Any attached media on Ancestry will still download to RM in TreeShare or WebHints.

You will have to watch your media after the initial upload to Ancestry. Any added facts & sources with media will still go up to Ancestry. There isn't a way to block that after the initial upload right now.

Renee
RootsMagic