• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marina Garrison

Marina Garrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

When a match should be found because they are obviously the same person (same parents, same vitals but because of a difference in spelling they won't match (Elizabeth vs Eliza). If you click on the Link button on the Ancestry side:

Message: You need to select the Rootsmagic person you want to link to.

Only option is ok. There is no way to select a person???

Is this an error or am I missing something?

Marina

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7157 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Did you click on the link "Show all", on their profile. Once clicked it changes back to "Show best matches"

You may also need to change the name so it matches because Elizabeth and Eliza will be seen as different names.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7157 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

The title of the post I just realized doesn't match your post issue. Are you having an issue also with deleting a person in TreeShare on the Mac? That is an issue only on the Mac and development is working on it. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Marina Garrison

Marina Garrison

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hi Renee, yes I am having the other issue but realized there was already a posting (you can neither delete a post or edit a title in this forum).

Back to this issue, I clicked Show All and there are no matches at all.

When I load Ancestry Treeshare it says:

Comparing Database

Collection Potential Duplicates:90 

Example:

I have a Margaret Pledge in Rootsmagic.

There are 3 Margaret Pledges identified by Ancestry but it won't match to any (they are all the same person - but are duplicated in Ancestry as well).

In all 4 cases, they all have the same husband, and 3 of them have the same Marriage Date (the other one has the same marriage year).

Yet they aren't matched.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7157 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:06 AM

If I'm following this correctly it sounds like you have duplicates appearing. In RM go to Tools>File Options>General and under "Number to display after name" select "Record Number (RIN)". Then check if these are duplicates by seeing if the record numbers are different. You will want to merge those duplicates in RM by going to Tools>Merge>Manual Merge.

On Ancestry you will also need to find those duplicates and merge them. Once you have cleaned up RM and Ancestry then you can make sure you are connect to the correct person in TreeShare.

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7157 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

What title do you want on this thread and I will change it?

Renee
RootsMagic