2 replies to this topic

#1 Davewm

Davewm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:11 AM

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to this site although I've been using Rootsmagic for a number of years.

I've recently updated to RM7 and I have a problem,I think.

I've attached a number of photo's of people and cert's etc but have recently gone back to look at them and they say they can't be found??

I'm now re-entering all my media, but, does anyone know why I've had this problem.

Many thanks

David

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:13 AM

One common issue is re-arranging which folder the images are stored in. If you switched drives, then the folder path might be the same, but now the photos may be on E:\ instead of D:\

If you are CERTAIN that all of your filenames are unique, then you can use Lists > Media Galley > [Tools] > Fix broken media links to resolve your problem

If, however, ANY of your files have the same name as another (which could happen in my old file naming scheme, but not in my current one) then you may be able to use Search > Search and Replace > Multimedia filenames. In my example above, you would enter Search for > D:\ and Replace with > E:\ 

But, unfortunately, there are other ways to mess up media links. Only a close inspection in Lists > Media Gallery or in the Media Album for a person, fact, citation or source can reveal the actual problem, and lead to a solution.

#3 DaveConrad

DaveConrad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 10:16 AM

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to this site although I've been using Rootsmagic for a number of years.

I've recently updated to RM7 and I have a problem,I think.

I've attached a number of photo's of people and cert's etc but have recently gone back to look at them and they say they can't be found??

I'm now re-entering all my media, but, does anyone know why I've had this problem.

Many thanks

David

If you saved the photos as media, you should see an X where the photo/document should be for that individual. Click on "Media" for that person, click on the image showing the X and then under "Tools" click on "Fix Broken Media Links".