• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Searchin4Family

Searchin4Family

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:43 PM

Yesterday I downloaded the 7.5.3 update and installed it. Using Internet >TreeShare I created a new RootsMagic Tree from an Ancestry file. All worked well. I made a few changes to my Ancestry file and attempted to update the new RootsMagic file using TreeShare. When I attempted to sign in to Ancestry, the sign-in failed and locked up the RootsMagic program, freezing the screen and making all buttons non-functional. I had to use Task Manager > End Task to close the program. I reset TreeShare in Tools > File Options and also reset my Ancestry password just in case I was entering it incorrectly in the TreeShare menu. Neither change resolved the issue. Any attempt to open TreeShare and entering my Ancestry sign-in information results in a locked program.

The TreeShare Ancestry Sign-In screen also looks odd, with text appearing in the boxes where you enter your email address ("Create an Ancestry Account") and Password ("I Forgot My Password"). I don't see a way to attach an image file without it residing at a URL.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:15 AM

In the main view of RootsMagic use the key-command Ctrl+Shift+U and select "Reset Program Setting".  Then see if you can login to TreeShare.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Searchin4Family

Searchin4Family

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

That seems to have done the trick! Thank you.