#1 DoninRiver

DoninRiver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:51 AM

Trying to get a handle on citations, came up with the following (for instance):

Ancestry.com, U.S., “Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files, 1800-1900”,  https://www.ancestry...5D_136278-00870

(Before submitting this I reviewed how the above link would look on this forum.  It became truncated, the actual link takes up 4 or 5 lines on this forum.) 

I am concerned about:

1.  The length of the citation.

2.   The file covers several pages, there are no page numbers and some facts of concern are on previous or subsequent pages.  Should I provide separate citations for each fact?  

Anyone have thoughts about this?

Thanks in advance

DoninRiver

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7256 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:10 PM

I don't see an issue with the source title in RM. I can't tell you how if would look coming in through. I could only save it on Ancestry as a WebLink to a person is my tree. I don't know what it would look like if I could have added it through a WebHint to someone. If you have this as a WebHint the best thing to do is experiment and actually add it to your person. 

Ok, I went back into the collection and found a record and attached it to someone in my tree. That way I could see what happens. On Ancestry they only save one image so you don't get them all when you use TreeShare to move it into RM. if you want the entire collection of images for that pension file you will need to download or attaching them individually. 

Renee
RootsMagic