• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WaldoNJ

WaldoNJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 01:57 PM

In looking at some reports, it seems RM only prints the primary photo for a person.  I also have primary photos tagged for the Death event (Obituary) and the Burial event (tombstone).  Is there a way to have all primary photos printed in a narrative or family group sheet?

Also, is there a way to add a caption to a photo in RM?  RM displays the caption if it exists in the photo's IPTC metadata (description), but I have been unable to find where I can add a caption if it doesn't already exist.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

In the Publisher you can add the narrative report and a scrapbook for the person and it will create a book. It will add all the images if they are checked in the media tag to include in scrapbook. There is a checkbox to include the captions and descriptions if you want them. 

To add a caption or description go to Lists>Media Gallery and highlight the image. (Same in media album) Then click on Properties. You will see the Caption and Description fields on that next screen. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 WaldoNJ

WaldoNJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

Thank you for the reply.

If i understand this, checking them to include in the scrapbook will allow them to print if i select to print the scrapbook and the "primary" checkbox effectively is useless except for the person photo.

#4 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5464 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:48 PM

That's my understanding.

However, there is no connection between metadata embedded in a media file and RootsMagic. RM media captions are solely stored in the database file.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.