Hi! My way of getting around the copy of the full citation, once I have, for example a census record citation, set up in A persons fact list, using couple census or the single census fact. But I need the same information in the children's Census Citation.
- Choose fact type = Census
- add Date, Place, Description
- Click on Middle box to the right of the record type which is Citation Manager,
- fill in all the information that is needed,
- Click enter/close alt+O to close the Detail Text section
- Then use memorize or alt+m.
- Close the Citation Manager
- Then go to the next person who needs that same fact, I add a
- fact type= census
- Add the date, place and item in description box
- then click Citation Manager
- use alt +p which is paste
- Then have what I needed without re-keying the information.
I have activated all the Desc /Description for all fact types, so they can be easily used in the sentences.
I miss the copy of the citation that we had in Family Origins and have wished it would come back to be used in RootsMagic.