• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Emile N Nucho

Emile N Nucho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:45 PM

This is not a new topic, but I have no idea how to connect with the person (Rob) who answered my original question, sending me a link to a video on this issue. The following is a follow-up question. If it can be forwarded to Rob, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Hello again, Rob.

I have managed to create a new file following my understanding of the video you kindly sent me. I picked the root person for this family and dragged it to the correct field. Once done, the system brought over the descendant (including spouses, children and sundry dates and facts). So, so far so good, by the looks of it. 

The problem I have been working on since last night has to do with my inability to generate a report (I have tried them all) that included all those descendants and their facts. It’s a real puzzle as I used to do it with the entire 11 generation main family tree. In this case, I am looking at just over 50 people of one extended family.

Would you have any ideas?

Many thanks.

Emile

#2 RobJ

RobJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

My apologies, Emile, a very troublesome girl Irma has sidelined me for awhile, with lots of volunteering before, during, and afterward, then hugely increased job demands afterward due to working for one of the few places with partial power (but not air conditioning!).  I have a lot of catching up to do with just about everything, especially computer stuff.

I can't think of anything to help though, as I haven't worked with reporting yet, except a specific report for troubleshooting.  Sounds like some of the family linking is not set up correctly.  I think there are others here with much more related experience that might have ideas about fixing that.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 07:58 AM

Glad you are safe RobJ.

Emile, have you tried a descendant narrative report?

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drag and drop