5 replies to this topic

#1 Dick-TMG

Dick-TMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

I am attempting to put together a family story and have run into an annoying problem. Most likely of my own making. I have checked everyone in the family in RM7 to verify that all facts etc. are correct. When I print a narrative report at the very beginning I have a line, before the birth statement, that seems to be unrelated to this person. I have also checked anyone who may have a link to see if I may have included this person in a shared fact but see none.

Is there a way to print out the actual fact that is generating this line so that I can correct the error that I have made?

Dick-tmg

#2 John_of_Ross_County

John_of_Ross_County

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

I would start by printing both an ancestor and a descendant report for 1 generation for the person in question.  Then I would try a family group sheet and then an individual summary.

If the error shows in each of these reports, I would look at sentence structure for each fact used.  Check each note.  Check the sentence template under fact types.

It is not completely clear if this problem exists for each person in the report or is it everyone in the report?

#3 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

I had a sentence of mysterious origin in a narrative report earlier today. It turned out that I had mistakenly added it as a note for a person with whom a fact was being shared -- one can find it by clicking the person's name on the "shared with" screen and checking that the note (it appears under the role assignment) is blank. Of course you may not be dealing with a fact sharing situation, in which case there must be some other problem.

R.

#4 Dick-TMG

Dick-TMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

It appears that this happens for only this person. I did a descendant narrative from 4 generations back and this was the only anomaly. The family group sheet looks just as it should. The individual summary also looks as it should. There is a misspelling in the sentence but all my facts do not show this sentence structure. Can I search all facts for a particular sentence wording or do I need to go to SQLite tools?

#5 robertjacobs0

robertjacobs0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:52 AM

Try "find everywhere" for the misspelled word.

#6 Dick-TMG

Dick-TMG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:55 AM

I tried the "find everywhere" to no avail. I tried searching using SQlite Expert to no avail.

I then decided to try rebuilding the index and clean phantoms. That seemed to work.

Mysterious message no longer appears.

Thanks everyone for your help.