• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Welmby

Welmby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

I see another request for gazette. I read through it and i agree with a delete all places. I have had to load a 5k place name into the evil ftm program because it auto merges place names once they match. This would be one of my requests. It would save me a headache in the long run.

My other request would be to ask the geocode makers/people to take canadian counties and rms into account. It would be handy.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7095 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:05 PM

Delete all places or just unused places?  

You can do a drag n drop to remove all unused places right now. It will also merge duplicates at the same time.  To do it inside the Place list is on the enhancement request list.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Welmby

Welmby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 09:50 AM

Not unused. All places. Ok .. Say you have 5k places and 3k of them are farmer, caroenter etc. Now place clean takes out the details nicely. Now you have all the places nice nice via place clean you still have to go in and merge them manually even though they are an exact match. The evil program merges them automatically if they are exact doubles. I bet rm could do this even if the detail was there then split out the detail.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7095 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 12:20 PM

Drag n drop will merge exact duplicates. We do have it on the enhancement request list for a merge all duplicates tool.

Renee
RootsMagic