• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vsx32

vsx32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

When generating a family group report, I get an access violation message. It seems to be occurring when I try to generate a report on one family. It does not happen on other families that I try to create a report on. 

#2 vsx32

vsx32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:45 PM

I was checking on a citation, and received this application message:

Application made attempt to free invalid or unknown memo...

I am trying to exit the residence sources for a person but cannot close the dialog box.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

Sounds like some corruption is someone's record. Go to File>Database Tools and run all options there in consecutive order. Best to do this after you just open RM, otherwise skip the Compact Database tool.  Then see if you still get the access violation error when generating the report. See if a drag n drop of the family into a new blank database still causes an issue with them. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 vsx32

vsx32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:24 PM

I will try that the next time it happens. 

I just unlinked the person from my tree, deleted them, and the re-created them and don't seem to have a problem.

I would hate to do that for everyone if this problem occurs in the future. 

Thank you. 

#5 vsx32

vsx32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:25 AM

Again today I received the same access violation error on a new person when trying to create a family group report. I did a drag and drop of the person into a blank database and created a wife for him. I was able to create a family group report for him in the new database.

What should I do now? Do I need to copy my whole tree into a new database? I have almost 20,000 people in my tree and I realize this is a lot of people. However, I do not want to rebulld my whole genealogy because of a corrupt person that pops up from here on out. 

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

Yes, there is some corruption somewhere so a drag n drop of the entire database into a new one should resolve it. Just select the option to drag n drop everyone in the database. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 vsx32

vsx32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Awesome! 

Thank you, Renee!

#8 vsx32

vsx32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:06 PM

I created my new database and today while attempting to create a family group sheet, I received an Integer overflow error.

#9 vsx32

vsx32

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:12 PM

I again created a new tree, drag and drop, and get the same integer overflow error while trying to create a family group sheet.

#10 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:51 AM

It's best to open a support ticket with a backup of your database (media not needed). Tell us what family is having the issue and we will see if we can recreate it.

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic