• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sonapm

Sonapm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

When I match a person in my RM7 database with someone in FamilySearch, I find many facts in their database that I want to download into RM7 using the FamilySearch Person Tools feature.

However, I have discovered that if I select a fact and choose to "Replace in RootsMagic", it's actually added to my person as a NEW fact. The existing fact remains; furthermore, the Person Tools window doesn't show this. In fact, it still displays the existing fact, leading me to question whether I actually succeeded in transferring the new fact. It's only when I back out and pull up that person's Edit Person window that I see the new fact as an addition.

Can someone explain this to me? Is this a bug, or perhaps some sort of built-in safety net to avoid loss of data? It would seem to eventually, and unnecessarily, over-inflate the size of the database.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7265 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:00 PM

I'm not seeing that behavior when I replace facts. Is it a particular fact type you are seeing this on?  Try running the File>Database Tools to rule out any corruption in your file. 

Renee
RootsMagic