#1 hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:02 AM

Anyone else having this problem?

I have several hints that came in from Ancestry to RM. I've tried to clear them and they still remain pending. Doesn't matter if I accept or reject them. When I go to Ancestry and look at them they are grayed out and flagged "hint is no longer available". The light bulb stays on in RM.  I can't figure out how to get rid of them in either RM or Ancestry.

This morning I found a person with eight pending hints in WebHints for Ancestry.com When I looked at the details in WebHints, only six are showing, all marked accepted. I had previously resolved them and accepted all six. Still two are listed as pending in the WebHints summary. When I looked at the person in Ancestry, only two hints are listed (and they are not listed in WebHints details - but they are included in the the count)  but are grayed out with the title "Hint no Longer Available". I can't close them. 

It appears that ancestry sent these hints to RM and then closed them for some reason, but RM was not notified that the hints were no longer valid.

Anyone have any ideas on how to close these (turn the light bulb off in RM)?

Thanks

Update - 8/29/2017

It's happened again. I have a person with 11 Ancestry hints in WebHints. I have resolved 10, 1 still pending. Only 10 show up in WebHints details. One Hint is listed in Ancestry, grayed out, marked "Hint No Longer Available". Can't close.

RickL

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5467 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

I wonder if this is the same issue in TreeShare of deletions at one end not propagating to the other.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

I'm curious to know if these are part of a collection that has been removed from Ancestry.

The other possibility is its due to Ancestry's data migration to the Amazon servers. Some collections might be temporarily unavailable during this process. Obviously for some reason Ancestry doesn't feel the need to remove these hints completely.  I think this is a wait and see process since it's happening on the Ancestry side of things. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 ftipple

ftipple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:04 AM

This has happened to me as well. I've seen the issue discussed in other groups. It appears to be an Ancestry problem

#5 hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

I had thought of that. If a collection, person, etc is removed from Ancestry, it apparently orphans a hint over in RM.
There appears to be no way to kill the hint so I'm color coding the person in "red" when I discover the problem so I can check back later
to see if it has been resolved. Some sort of "kill" switch needs to be added to WebHints so a hint can be killed instead of having to accept or reject.
Also Ancestry needs to correct the hint count in RM WebHints if a hint has been killed on their side.

Thanks

Rick

RickL

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:19 PM

We have had reports of some of these hints now becoming available. There has to be a reason why Ancestry didn't remove the hints completely. So I would be patient because they will probably come back once Ancestry is done doing whatever they are doing at the moment. 

Renee
RootsMagic