• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jennifer H.

Jennifer H.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

I have my date format for RootsMagic set for the shorter month version (Aug) and have always used that on my ancestry tree as well. When I exported a person from RootsMagic to my Ancestry tree, the date for that person on the Ancestry tree came out as the full month (August) even though it was correctly shown as the shorter version in RootsMagic. I have had to go through and change all of the months for that person in the Ancestry tree back to the shorter version. Why is this happening? Is there something I am doing wrong?

I am not sure if it makes a difference in this case, but I wanted to mention that I am using RootsMagic for Mac. Has anyone else had this same problem?

#2 Gina

Gina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:29 PM

Yes, I have the same problem. I was surprised because, if memory serves, the shortened months are maintained if I create a Gedcom from RootsMagic and upload it to Ancestry. If I use TreeShare to transfer a fact, though, the month is in long form on Ancestry even though Ancestry's default is the short form.

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

RootsMagic is sending it correctly its just the way Ancestry's API receives it. Its not anything we have control over. If you need to send the date back to RM it will come in with the shorter month format. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Jennifer H.

Jennifer H.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

Do you know if Ancestry is already aware of this issue and if they have said whether they are planning to fix it?

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

I don't know what Ancestry's plans are, but they are aware of it.

Renee
RootsMagic