• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jennifer H.

Jennifer H.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

I was not sure if this was a case of me missing something that was already there or a feature that would be helpful, but I am not seeing a way to have it refresh the information for the person that I have made changes to (using the "Show on Ancestry" button) in the person comparison screen without closing the Ancestry treeshare screen altogether and then restarting the Ancestry treeshare, waiting for it to gather all changes for everyone in the tree, and then scrolling all the way down again to the same person I was just working on to see the changes I made to them in the Ancestry tree. If there was a refresh button on the compare screen for the person I was on and it just got the updates that I just made for that one person and then stayed on that person so I would not have to go all the way out and then all the way back in, that would be helpful. Please let me know if I am just missing it and it is actually already there somewhere.

#2 pstaveley

pstaveley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

Yes, that is one of the things I have to live with.

You should not have to 'scroll all the way down', you can just type the surname then first name to go to it immediately. Also if you have just made a change on Ancestry then it should appear on the changed list (make sure that is selected), which will be fewer records to scroll through.

Another 'feature' is that if you click on a few items to transfer then edit the record in RM it loses all your selected items to transfer and you have to reselect them. So if you need to change the RM data do that before selecting items to transfer.

#3 Jennifer H.

Jennifer H.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

Thank you for responding and also for the advice about changing the RM data before selecting the items to transfer. I had indeed run into that problem myself and hope that perhaps in the future there is a way that it can retain the selected items after making a change in RM (you could always choose to unselect them if you wanted to after that).

What you are saying about the changed list having fewer items will eventually apply to my tree, but for right now almost the entire tree is on my changed list because I did a place clean-up in RootsMagic and changed all of the locations that had USA to United States. I do miss the ease with which in FTM 2014 I could make a spelling or place change like that instantly with a find and replace and so it made it much easier to take care of changes that were for the entire database, or at least a large portion of it. I am using your suggestion of typing in the surname to get to that part of the list, but it would be nice if I did not have to do that over and over and instead could just automatically stay with the person I am working on.