#1 hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

Anyone else having this problem?

I have several hints that came in from Ancestry to RM. I've tried to clear them and they still remain pending. Doesn't matter if I accept or reject them. When I go to Ancestry and look at them they are grayed out and flagged "hint is no longer available". The light bulb stays on in RM.  I can't figure out how to get rid of them in either RM or Ancestry.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

RickL

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

I suspect it's a record collection that Ancestry has temporarily pulled. Can you tell what the collection is?  They have a list on Ancestry of collections being removed. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:16 AM

No. On the RM WebHints side all you know is that the count of Ancestry hints exceeds the details showing. If you go to the person in Ancestry then to hints all you see is
that the number of hints equal to the missing hints on the RM side will be listed and grayed out with no details. You can not take any action or open the hint there. It will be marked as "hint no longer available". The end result is that you can't see or do anything with the hint on the Ancestry side.
It continues to show up as "pending". On the RM side the count continues to reflect the orphaned hints but you can not see any details about the missing hint. The pending count remains the same. There needs to be someway to kill these on the RM side.
Thanks
Rick

RickL

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

We have a discussion on this issue during Staff Meeting. We have had reports of some of these hints now appearing for users. We suspect its either a record collection temporarily unavailable or part of Ancestry's migration to the Amazon servers causing it. There isn't anything we can do on our end, since we only display what Ancestry gives us. Be patient those records may start coming back for you. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 hotelcalieagles@gmail.com

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

OK, I'm flagging the persons with the orphaned hints so I can get back to them later and check to see if they have been resolved
Thanks

RickL

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hints