2 replies to this topic

#1 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:10 PM

I had a number of spouses in my ancestry tree that had the wrong (i.e. husband's) last name. I realized when I created my new RM database from Ancestry and merged in the GEDCOM from MyHeritage I would have duplicates, so I used the name clean feature to clean up a large number of spouses and merge them with the MyHeritage spouses that I'd removed the last name on already.

Now I have a whole bunch of wives in my database with no last name and want to sync that information to Ancestry to assist in finding the real maiden name. RM sees the change, but does not give me the option to blank out the name in ancestry.

How do I remove a last name via TreeShare?

#2 keithcstone

keithcstone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

I forgot to mention that via TreeShare you can add spouses without a last name, so the issue is updating a spouse that has an incorrect last name with a nonexistent last name.

#3 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5467 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:02 PM

RMInc is aware of the issue that a blank value won't update the other end of TreeShare. For now, you have to edit both ends.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.