1 reply to this topic

#1 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2613 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

There's an interesting thread on RM's Facebook page about how to find missing data that you need to find, and the term "checklist" is used.

There are a variety of creative ways to create such checklists in the RM user interface. For example, you can use People View with the birth date as a column to find individuals without a birth date. You can use People View for other, similar purposes as long as the facts you are looking for are individual facts. You can use Find to identify a lot of missing items. There are a few reports that help you find a few specific missing items. But if you are looking for text dates that need to be fixed, people born over 100 years ago without a death date or a death fact, missing facts in general (birth, death, burial, census, etc.), facts without citations, citations without media, facts without media, citations at an inadequate proof level, etc. then there is no central reporting or searching facility that will identify all such missing items.

Therefore, I wish for a checklist reporting facility in RM to identify missing data of all sorts. The facility should be able to be customized and filtered, and hopefully it would reside in a non-modal window from which you could click on items and be taken immediately to the individual with the missing data.

Jerry

P.S. I create such checklists with SQLite scripts, and the scripts are customized for my personal research needs. These checklists essentially become my to do lists. Since the checklists are in SQLite which is a separate window from RM, I can go back and forth between RM and SQLite without losing my place in either one. The only thing that's not completely automated going back and forth is that I copy a RIN (RM id number for a person) from SQLite and paste it into a search in RM as a way to navigate quickly to the correct person in RM. But it would be much better if such a facility were in RM itself rather than being outboard of RM.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7095 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:52 PM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic