• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Carol.Ramona

Carol.Ramona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

I would like to be able to select the facts to be included in, for example, the ancestor and descendants narrative reports. I know that I can go to the Facts Types List and define the Include parameters, but that setting remains - it is not for just one occurrence. 

Also, after defining all the available options when selecting a narrative report, I would like to be able to name and save these settings for future selection. 

Thank you,

Carol

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1174 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

I would like to be able to select the facts to be included in, for example, the ancestor and descendants narrative reports. I know that I can go to the Facts Types List and define the Include parameters, but that setting remains - it is not for just one occurrence. 

Also, after defining all the available options when selecting a narrative report, I would like to be able to name and save these settings for future selection. 

Thank you,

Carol

You can do most of this by generating your report using the Reports > Publisher features.

#3 Carol.Ramona

Carol.Ramona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:22 PM

Thanks zhangrau. I looked at that feature but found the options for the narrative reports were the same as when selecting the narrative report from the Reports menu. No option to choose or exclude specific facts.

Thanks,

Carol

#4 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2697 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:56 PM

No option to choose or exclude specific facts.

And because the controls are in Lists->Fact Types, if the Reports->Publisher feature includes multiple narrative reports, the same fact type inclusion/exclusion will be in effect for each Publisher chapter.

Jerry

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5538 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

This is an item for the wish list and has been on it for a long time (like most wish list items). I developed an outboard method of taking a snapshot of the fact type settings for later restoration in 2012 - it was on the wish list before then. See Fact Inclusion Controls.

Tom user of RM7230 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a growing bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#6 Carol.Ramona

Carol.Ramona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

Thank you Jerry and TomH. I am newly from TMG where I am familiar with various control options and I am just learning how to best use Roots Magic. I can see that List>Facts Types is a "master control", and zhangrau, I am researching the advantages of the Publisher function even for one shot reports rather than an whole book.

I will look into SQLite utilities.

Thanks,

Carol