3 replies to this topic

#1 Cedric

Cedric

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:35 AM

I have just installed the Android appon my Motorola Moto G 4G LTE.

I  assume that while your info shows that the app is written for RootsMagic V3 to 6, in fact it now also supports V7..

I see that you recommend file transfers using Dropbox.  However I  usually transfer files between W10 and my phone by plugging in a USB cable, changing the permission from charging to file transfer, and drag-and-drop files across.

But I see I have to create a destination folder to do this.  Windows Explorer opens the directory MotoG3 > SanDisk SD card and  a large number of subdirectories such as Android  (with subfolders), also Document  and Download and etc., and of course DCIM > photos where I can retrieve the photos of taken, and Pictures where I can transfer photos from my computer.

So I am wondering what directory tree I should  create, and place the RMGC file in?

Any assistance appreciated

Regards

Cedric

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5744 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:44 AM

It has to be in a Dropbox folder, something like Dropbox/Apps/RootsMagic.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> Rmtrix_tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Xamaser

Xamaser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

I have just installed the Android appon my Motorola Moto G 4G LTE.

I  assume that while your info shows that the app is written for RootsMagic V3 to 6, in fact it now also supports V7..

I see that you recommend file transfers using Dropbox.  However I  usually transfer files between W10 and my phone by plugging in a USB cable, changing the permission from charging to file transfer, and drag-and-drop files across.

But I see I have to create a destination folder to do this.  Windows Explorer opens the directory MotoG3 > SanDisk SD card and  a large number of subdirectories such as Android  (with subfolders), also Document  and Download and etc., and of course DCIM > photos where I can retrieve the photos of taken, and Pictures where I can transfer photos from my computer.

So I am wondering what directory tree I should  create, and place the RMGC file in?

http://www.android-r...o-computer.html

That's what I usually do when i transfer Android data to computer , just connect the phone and computer with USB to transfer data from Android to computer, there was no danger as long as you can make sure the phone and computer has been completely connected ,

As well as , the Gamil account can still be used to transfer ,but only if your account has already been bound to your phone

#4 gushen

gushen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:51 PM

Actually, you can use Android Assistant tool to help you transfer files between Android phone and computer via usb cables. Data like contacts, text messages, videos, photos, call logs, etc can be easily transferred.