#1 JACRISTA

JACRISTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:52 AM

Hi Everyone,

Was'nt sure where to put this post so hope I'm not too far off the mark, so here goes...

In my 'Index' list I'm finding that on some of the 'Sir' names there seems to be two 'commers' after the name instead of one, now I know for sure that I have'nt accidently typed two, but I find that when these appear the name then is'nt in the right place, ie, alphabetically, I've tried all sorts to correct it but nothing works and it's driving me nuts, can someone help me to solve it please? Thanks, Jacrista

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1143 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:03 PM

Are you actually asking about surnames and commas?

Show us an example of what you are asking about, please.

#3 kbens0n

kbens0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3261 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

Two commas *AFTER* a <Surname:> (in the Name field of Index Tab on Sidebar -or- RootsMagic Explorer) suggests a leading comma has been entered in the <Given Names:> field
Commas *BEFORE* -or- *WITHIN* a <Surname:> (in the Name field of Index Tab on Sidebar -or- RootsMagic Explorer) obviously suggests a leading (or embedded) comma has been entered in the <Surname:> field

---
--- "GENEALOGY, n. An account of one's descent from an ancestor who did not particularly care to trace his own." - Ambrose Bierce
--- "The trouble ain't what people don't know, it's what they know that ain't so." - Josh Billings
---Ô¿Ô---
K e V i N

#4 JACRISTA

JACRISTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

Yes I mean after the surname in the index list, I think it looks like a 'fullstop & a commas', I just can't seem to sort it no matter what I try.

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7093 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:10 AM

It's hard to tell without a screen shot and its not easy to do in the forums. Probably best to open a support ticket so we can take a look at it. 

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 JACRISTA

JACRISTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 05:29 AM

Eureka! I think I may have sorted it, but thanks for all your replys and trying to help me.  :)