4 replies to this topic

#1 AllenTN

AllenTN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:07 AM

Hi---

I am in the process of "cleaning up" some record entries & did a search to find them.

The search takes me to the 1st record & I can make the changes & then go to the next record, etc..

I did not see anywhere on the screen where it tells me how many records the search found & thus how

many changes I will need to make.

Am I missing something?

Any help appreciated.

Troy---

#2 c24m48

c24m48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2639 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

It's not exactly what you are looking for, but the marking dialog will tell you. For example, create a group with the exact same marking criteria as you are using for your search. After the marking, it will tell you how many individuals were marked. You don't even have to complete the making of your group. Just cancel out after the marking is done.

I've been trying to think of an easier way to get into the marking dialog. For example, color coding will also do it. Again, cancel out before the color coding is complete. Or as another approach to play with, actually do make your group and put your group into People View. At that point, you can just go down the list and you don't have to search again because you already did the searching when you made the group.

Maybe somebody else can think of an easier way to get into the marking dialog. I do agree that when you set out on such a task, it can be very useful to know how big the task is going to be.

Jerry

#3 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1153 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

I use a combination of color coding, making a group, and displaying in People View.

I get a sense of satisfaction each time I update the group and find it's count has dropped another one or two hundred names. One big advantage of making the group is it gets remembered in RM (until you update or delete the group) so you don't need to do the set of edits in a single work session.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7162 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:43 PM

Create a group with those search filters. The Statistic List report can be filtered to that group and tell you how many people are in it. 

You will find it easier to work from the group then using next in the RM Explorer from your search results. You can use the Group button on the Edit Person screen, or right click and use Quick Groups to remove someone from the group as you work on them. Then only the people needing to be cleaned will be in the group. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 AllenTN

AllenTN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:31 AM

Everyone---

Thanks for the help.

I learned a lot and was able to accomplish my entry corrections

in a effective & efficient manner thanks to all of you.

Troy---