• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cmellington

cmellington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:20 PM

I've already searched FB RM, RM website, and this forum for any information on transferring research logs into a newly downloaded RM tree from Ancestry. I haven't found anyone addressing this question. I chose to download from Ancestry so I could get all my media files into RM. Do I have to copy and paste all of my research notes from my original RM tree into the new tree or is there another way to do this?  Thanks for any help.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

Have you tried Help ?

RM_help_import-lists.png

#3 cmellington

cmellington

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for this, Zhangrau. I tried repeatedly to do this using File > Import Lists > and Research Log,  but nothing imports from my original tree. I tried from my computer and Dropbox backups. It should work ....

#4 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:55 PM

I don't use Research Logs, but I have successfully imported Fact Type and Place Name lists from one file to another. Windows can be both sneaky and annoying, be sure you are pointing to a good copy of your source file. Other than that, I'm out of suggestions.

#5 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6251 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:35 AM

I cannot imagine that Import Lists could bring in Research Logs for anything other than the General category. Perhaps drag'n'drop would bring person + log and then merge.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: research logs