1 reply to this topic

#1 NiallS

NiallS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

Hi

I'm in the process of preparing my RM7.5 file to be used stand alone to pass onto my niece. I've synced with Ancestry but I'm having trouble with the media. One relative died in Colorado in 1908 and left a will. The event shows correctly in RM and shows one source but it only shows the first page of the probate as the media. I downloaded the 124 jpgs of the probate and combined them into a PDF which I added as a file media item. The PDF does not show up as a thumbnail, only in the list and when I click on the PDF file or View/Edit the file does not display.

I don't use Adobe PDF, I use Foxit, could this be what's causing the PDFs not to display?

Cheers
Niall

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3124 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

RM doesn't support PDF's as media files, only as "file" files. Among other things, that means that when you open a PDF from within RM it opens the file with your default Windows PDF viewer. RM would do the same thing with any other file that it doesn't support as a media file. It would open it with your default Windows program for that file type.

What happens if you open this same PDF file from Windows? Also, doesn't putting 124 JPG's into a single PDF make for a humongous PDF?

Jerry