• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 allblack

allblack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:08 PM

Hello everyone, I'm just new here. I'm not really sure if I posted this thread of mine in the right sections, but any how pardon my ignorance for I'm still getting the hang of it.

Dispatcher at 4WheelOnline by day, forumer by night.

#2 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Welcome to the RM forums. Hope you'll find them both informative and intriguing.

#3 allblack

allblack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

Welcome to the RM forums. Hope you'll find them both informative and intriguing.

Thanks for the welcome.... I truly appreciated it.

#4 allblack

allblack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:47 PM

zhangrau, may I ask a question? How can one become an Advanced Member?

#5 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:55 PM

Lots of posts. I don't know what number is the threshold -- just keep participating, and eventually you'll be called Advanced. Doesn't give me anything like administrator permissions, though - just an attaboy

#6 RobJ

RobJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:03 AM

I looked around here, and it doesn't take much to advance.  A user with 5 posts was a 'Member', and another with 32 posts was an 'Advanced Member'.  But so was Renee with 6925 posts.  So it looks like:

1 - 4 posts : New Member

5 - 29 posts : Member

30 - * : Advanced Member

Be nice to see higher member classes, for all of the really helpful people on here, like zhangrau, TomH, Jerry, Renee, and number of others, like:

200 - 999 : Hero Member

1000 - * : Super Hero Member

I know from other forums that finding ways to show some appreciation and recognition for especially helpful users really pays off for a small company, and is totally cost effective, as in free.  Getting the 'Like This' button and system working would be another cheap and easy and rewarding tool.  And just saying 'thank you' when a user does something especially helpful.  It costs nothing to do, and has long term benefits for the community, *and* the company.

#7 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1518 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:10 AM

My familiarity with the software is fun to share. I worked as an architect and instructor for about 34 years, I've worked on genealogy since 1988. and began using Family Origins (the predecessor to RM) about 1992 or 1993. As we used to remind students: "Sharing is caring."

Have a great day, y'all !!!

#8 allblack

allblack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:10 PM

Wow, thanks guys for the info!