• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MacRooter

MacRooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:18 AM

I have not been able to find any posts about this problem so I hope I am not duplicating something which has already been reported.

I noticed yesterday that an Individual Summary for an ancestor who married twice was showing the marriages in the wrong order despite the fact that the marriages had partial dates of "1829" and "Jul 1862".  Although I cannot be certain, it may have been that I had entered the second marriage into Roots Magic first.  Is there an issue with the way in which RM sorts marriages for Individual Summaries?  All other facts appear in strict chronological order.

I eventually unlinked both spouses and all children from my ancestor.  I then added the first marriage and children again before adding the second marriage.  The individual summary then showed both marriages in the correct order.

#2 Jerry Bryan

Jerry Bryan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3487 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

RM does not automatically place marriages in timeline order. You often have to re-order multiple spouses via Edit-Rearrange->Spouses.

Jerry

#3 MacRooter

MacRooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:52 AM

Thanks very much, Jerry.  I'll give that a try if the problem arises again.  Sounds as though the method you describe would have been a lot quicker than unlinking.