8 replies to this topic

#1 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

I have just found I put the wrong spouse against a family member so I deleted her. She is not part of our family tree. When I pull up the record of the name I associated this deleted spouse with to it shows that he has has 2 spouses with the second one being unknown.

I have been trying to delete the second unknown spouse to no avail? There doesn't appear to be any blank names in the database list so I am wondering how I can delete the blank spouse record?

The original spouse I deleted no longer appears on in the database....

Ian

#2 bgellisshapiro

bgellisshapiro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:22 AM

Try this:

File -> Database Tools -> Clean phantom records

#3 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8492 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:52 AM

Are there any children connected to the couple? Is the marriage fact still on the remaining spouse? Both will give you an unknown spouse. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#4 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hi Renee,

Yes there were siblings but I disconnected the children from the father but only after I had deleted the incorrect spouse. This is probably where I have come unstruck.

I am still understanding how RM program "thinks". It makes sense now to have disconnected the parents first, deleted the spouse, then add the correct spouse and then link the children to the correct parents.

On my iPad ATM won't get to PC till later today, will "Clean Phantom Records" sort this out or will I need to do something else to tidy this up?

Regards,

Ian

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8492 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:43 PM

If you have a new father to add you should be able to click on the unknown father and add them in that spot, then add the children to the couple.

Renee
RootsMagic

#6 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:47 PM

If you have a new father to add you should be able to click on the unknown father and add them in that spot, then add the children to the couple.

Hi Renee,

Thanks.

No the father was known and in the database first, then the spouses added. Do I need to unlink all the siblings from the correct spouse then delete the father and added spouse and re-enter them or will a clean phantom from the tools menu fix it?

Regards,

Ian

#7 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:31 PM

Definitely need to fix this now seeing duplicate siblings for James the father, the incorrect spouse is not visible nor is the correct spouse when viewing the online publishing.

I will give clean phantom records failing which I will delete James and his correct spouse from the database having first unlinked all their siblings then re-enter all their details and relink their siblings. Hopefully that will sort it out.

#8 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

I can confirm the "clean phantom records" does not work.

Looks like I am going to have to delete and rebuild this part of the database.

#9 Fleetz

Fleetz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

Feedback for those like me finds themselves with an extra spouse that won't delete.

I unlinked all the siblings from James and the correct spouse. Once I did that and went back and selected James again in family view the siblings were still which was from the first incorrect spouse so I unlinked them. I then unlinked the correct spouse to be sure and then linked her back up again with James.

Then with James showing only one spouse being the correct one I added all the siblings back and now all is good with the world.

Thanks for all your input and assistance.

Ian