• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lingbro

Lingbro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

Could someone explain what the Starred name in TreeShare means.  A Person name appears twice and doesn't always match.  Currentlym I am trying to upload a person's primary picture to Ancestry's Person Profile.  In the RM's Person Name (the one with a small man) has my primary photo.  The RM "starred" person name does not.  There is no box to check to send the media to Ancestry. 

I did try to send the Photo via the starred person box and the photo landed in Ancestry's Media Gallery, not on the Person Profile area.  I also tried uploading manually the Photo with the same results. 

Any suggestions?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8335 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 04:02 PM

The star means its the primary name for the person. People were updating the wrong names because you couldn't tell the alternate names apart. That is why we added them. 

One of the problems you are running into is Ancestry has a separate area for the primary name with its notes, sources and media. Then they have another area for the person with their notes, sources and primary photo.  In RM we only have one area for the primary name, general notes, sources and media. So if you send something that looks like its part of the name on the RM side it may go over to the general media. If you actually check a photo to be the primary photo for the person it will disappear and not be on the list of media to send. RM just has no match area. We need a rewrite in this area to support those two separate area on Ancestry. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Lingbro

Lingbro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:37 AM

When I uploaded my tree into Ancestry, all my primary pictures uploaded fine.  I am unable to add the primary picture to the new added person in Ancestry.  I was able to transfer and update the data to the new person except the primary photo. Ancestry keeps putting the Primary picture in the Media Gallery, even when I tried uploading it through Ancestry. 

In Ancestry's TreeShare, Primary Profile field, lists the Primary picture, but puts into the Media Gallery.  All other items are shown on the Main screen of Ancestry.  Looking forward to a rewrite to add primary pictures.