• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RetiredInAustin

RetiredInAustin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

I had to stop using 7.5.1 because every transition between TreeShare and Rootsmagic crashed and burned with access violations. RM 7.5.2 is only nominally better in that regard. Thank goodness SQLite is so robust; I often end up having to terminate RM with the Task Manager. It won't close any other way.

Now that I'm able to use TreeShare again with only 2 or 3 crashes per session, I note these consistent problems:

- If I blank a date in an RM fact (Burial for instance), it will not blank that date in Ancestry even though it was marked for update and Accepted.

- I have a custom fact (Find A Grave) with the memorial number, and I cite an Ancestry-provided source. If I add that source to an existing Find A Grave fact, the Tree Share shows it as a needed update, but after accepting it, it posts an "Unsourced Citation" in Ancestry. If it is a new Find A Grave fact, it adds the fact and the actual source to Ancestry correctly.

Thanks for the hard work.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

Can you open a support ticket so we can see that differences in that Find A Grave source. 

http://support.roots...us_requests/new

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 silvereagle5946

silvereagle5946

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

Hello,

I am having issues with the latest update 7.5.0.2 whenever I try to sign in to either familysearch or ancestry to be able to get the hints and/or sync the program locks up and the only way to shut down is to end task from Task Manager even though task manager states that the program is running it will not do anything. I have tried restarting the program and my computer still does not work.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

Temporarily turn off your firewall and antivirus to see if they are conflicting with RootsMagic access to the internet. Check to make sure you also don't have more than one program of each. Windows has Windows Defender and a firewall, if you add your own the others might still be enabled. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Norman Law

Norman Law

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:23 AM

My Treeshare with Access Violation problem is different.

After downloading from Ancestry and creating a new RM database the process goes on to downloading all the media. This takes some time (3912 items). That process then completes and shows 100%. If I then close the dialog I'm informed that there are outstanding processes and I'm given the option to wait or cancel the processes. Waiting doesn't acheive anything so I eventually cancelled and received the Access Violation error message. I sent the error report and tried again but there is no way to exit the dialog without generating a new error. I have to resort to using the Task manager.

This was also the problem I was having during the beta testing and was never cured.

Edit - Using ver 7.5.3.0

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:33 PM

Try it again but this time let it sit until it completes. After the download it needs to run a compare and then bring everyone up in the list on TreeShare. I think you are killing it when it looks like the download is done but not finishing the whole process. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Norman Law

Norman Law

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:15 AM

I'll try but I did wait quite a while. The tree opens fine when I then start RM again.