• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phil-O

Phil-O

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:10 AM

Has anybody found a way of transferring a RootsMagic directly from PC to an Android tablet? I ask because my RM files are 13.7GB and it seems like a very antisocial waste of bandwidth to upload to Dropbox only to download it immediately. I have the RM app installed on my tablet but cannot find any RM files on it, either directly via a file management app or indirectly through a USB connection to my PC, although clearly they are there because I can see the tree which I put there some time ago.

As a supplementary question is it is possible to do an incremental update in any way?

Phil

#2 Phil-O

Phil-O

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

It seems that I was wrong about the size of the transfer as only the database file is transferred and not the media files. It would still be good to know where to find the file on the Android tablet so that there was no need to use Dropbox and the internet for what ought to be a simple file transfer. My question about incremental updates can be ignored as it becomes much more practical just to overwrite the existing database.