7 replies to this topic

#1 Old Bob

Old Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

Bear with me as this is a new experience for me.  People ask me questions about my family when I am not on the PC so is there a way to get my files from my RM version 6 onto my Iphone7?  I was told to download dropbox on the iphone..done!  Now it says to put my RM files into dropbox..how do you do this on the PC and which files  (back up..gedcom..other)?  I assume that if I get these files into dropbox on the PC I will then see them on the Iphone.  Is there a web video on how to do this?  Other suggestions were to use the sync in Itunes but that seems very inconvenient..your instructions and opinions are very welcome.

Follow up is I found in the FAQ to go to the PC file and do a File>save to dropbox..did that..whew!  Now I went to my phone and started dropbox app..and selected the RM file..family tree is there but cant seem to find how to "search" for a person on the iphone app.  Is there a search somewhere on one of those icons?   Im I correct in assuming if I update the PC family I have to resend it to dropbox to have that version update with the new information?  Just trying to be detailed for other users that may benefit from my issue

I have now watched the videos and done a chat associated with the app.  On my iphone7, there is no "SURNAME" Column on the left so I cannot "search" for anyone... The green bar on the top does not say roots Magic or a  hamurger menu to click on to see the list of people..just light green in color.  The video shows the words Roots magic on this top bar and a hamburger menu on the left of this top bar...I even tried to flip phone to horizontal view but it will not flip..can someone help with this issue?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:01 AM

This is a problem that development is looking into on the 1.3 version of the RM App. That bar at the top is missing the buttons on the iPhone. So you've done nothing wrong, its us. Hope to get it resolved soon. We can't push back the older version because the Dropbox API changed and it wouldn't work with Dropbox anymore. I think that API change is scheduled for next week.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 Old Bob

Old Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

Thank you for your reply.  So hopefully if I understand you, all I can really do is wait a week or two and hope there is an update to the RM app ? 

Again, thank you for answering me so I dont keep trying to fix something.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

Yes, at this point we need a new update to resolve the issue.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 Old Bob

Old Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

Have family gathering this weekend.was hoping for your update to fix the RM app so I can search for family members..any chance that update will be available today?

#6 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7167 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:33 AM

No it won't be today. We are just getting started on beta testing the update.

Renee
RootsMagic

#7 Old Bob

Old Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:47 AM

thank you for the reply..

#8 Old Bob

Old Bob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

Just got the iPhone update and all works great..now I can answer question on the run..Thank you...what great support!!