• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ToRoot57

ToRoot57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Due to the recent updates and many folks wanting to sync their RM trees with Ancestry. Compare files could be of better use as an update to assist with this (which can be easier than drag and drop or merge features) if Compare Files had the ability to alphabetically go through the list and compare side by side instead of RM deciding what was a percentage of match (could do both) then it might be more useful in just sharing what you want with your new file instead of playing cleanup after a merge. For example in the Compare Files window if the left side has a match to the right side (maybe it did not match due to variation spelling) but they are located in different spots in each list, incorporate the ability to drag to a side by side position and then use the check boxes to share information, sources, media etc.

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:37 PM

The header row on Compare Files will let you sort the columns. So you can alphabetize the list.  The ability to select the matches is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 ToRoot57

ToRoot57

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

Thanks. The ability to manually select matches and compare will help many who just want to match their original RM files with their new TreeShare RM file rather than merge. That with a suggested process may help those still struggling with TreeShare. I had to skip compare files because about 70 percent of my file didn't match up so I just merged everyone and sorted it all out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Compare Files