• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mpbeall

mpbeall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 04:54 PM

I have added media (photographs) to my RootsMagic tree, both manually and downloaded from Ancestry though the web hints function. But the RootsMagic persons with the newly added photo do not consistently show in TreeShare for Ancestry as a "Changed Person" such that the photo may be uploaded to my linked Ancestry tree!

I did read a post about unmarking the media item as the Primary Photo for the person. This did work is some instances, but not in all.

Am I overlooking something?

#2 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:18 AM

Can you tell me in what area of RM you have the media attached that it is not triggering the change list? General media, fact media, source media, etc.

Renee
RootsMagic

#3 mpbeall

mpbeall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

All the photos I have attached as media to the PERSON - the very first line on the "Person Edit" screen.

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 11:25 AM

That explains it at least for me. That is the hardest area for us to support in TreeShare. Simply because Ancestry has two separate areas it supports for that one row in RootsMagic. We have the Person row with the primary name, and general notes, sources and media.  Ancestry has a separate name field with its notes, media and sources and the general note, sources and primary photo area. Development keeps tinkering with this area in RM to try to get it to respond better. It's a case of one fix, breaks another area. It simply needs a rewrite in RM for two separate areas. That is on the development list. I know that doesn't help you right now, but at least you have some background on what's going on.

Renee
RootsMagic

#5 mpbeall

mpbeall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:34 AM

That explains it at least for me. That is the hardest area for us to support in TreeShare. Simply because Ancestry has two separate areas it supports for that one row in RootsMagic. We have the Person row with the primary name, and general notes, sources and media.  Ancestry has a separate name field with its notes, media and sources and the general note, sources and primary photo area. Development keeps tinkering with this area in RM to try to get it to respond better. It's a case of one fix, breaks another area. It simply needs a rewrite in RM for two separate areas. That is on the development list. I know that doesn't help you right now, but at least you have some background on what's going on.

Thank you, Renee!

#6 lap1947

lap1947

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

I would prefer to keep my photos linked to my RM tree but not have them shared with my ancestry tree when I do TreeShare. Is there a way to prevent my photos from syncing to Ancestry?

#7 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7271 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:00 AM

There is an option when uploading the full tree to not include media. Afterwards it will upload the media. It is on the enhancement request list to mark media private and not upload to TreeShare.

Renee
RootsMagic