I know these requests would likely come in the form of a new upgrade, perhaps to a RootsMagic 8 or something, but may as well request them while the iron is hot right? My requests are more or less to expand RootsMagic to gain an even greater perspective of our families and their associations, extended families, the places they lived, worked and frequented. My suggestions would also make RootsMagic more attractive to other Specialized studies such as One Place and such.
1. Medical and DNA- I believe the Medical and DNA abilities could be improved upon greatly and modernized to include Medical facts and expand upon DNA, including the ability to link to add SNPs.
2. Witnesses and Friends- Basically the ability to add people not related, but important to ancestors in their lives. This would not only aid in expanding on the story of ancestors, but also aid in research.
3. Pets- Well why not? Pets are considered family by many people and why not include them?
4. Places and Venues- Places being the locality and Venues being like a business. The places played very important roles to our ancestors and should have their own stories recorded alongside our ancestors.
5. Views- The views we have available to us at the moment can be a headache when it comes to research. I would like the option of a view akin to Ancestry, FTM, or Family Tree Builder in which you go up the tree from the root person, rather than the sideways view and the other views it already has. Keep those, just add this one as well.