28 replies to this topic

#21 RobJ

RobJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

There are hidden characters at the end of that URL.  Just remove them, back to the slash or the 7.

#22 MacRooter

MacRooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 08:11 AM

Thank you for the tip, RobJ.  That got me to the downloads page.  Unfortunately, the 7.5.1 update still didn't work.

Fingers crossed that Support will remedy the problem in the coming days.  Meanwhile, I am just going to try and be a little more patient....and get on with some family history instead.

#23 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:50 AM

Thanks, Renee.  I believe I have tried that method, too, but decided to have another go - just in case.  Unfortunately, the link you have given gives a "404 File or Directory not found" error.

Not sure why the link wasn't working. I just added it again and it should work now - http://www.rootsmagi...d/rootsmagic-7/

Renee
RootsMagic

#24 MacRooter

MacRooter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 03:07 AM

Hi Renee

Problem solved!  I successfully upgraded RM 7.5.0.0 to 7.5.2.0 on my Mac this morning.  I achieved this through the update alert within the programme and not by downloading from the website.

Many thanks for your help with this.  Please also pass on my thanks to Development.

:)

PS  I didn't actually see your post of yesterday until after posting this.

#25 zhangrau

zhangrau

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 07:42 PM

25 Jul 2017 at 9:35 pm

Why does the update page http://www.rootsmagi...d/rootsmagic-7/ continue to show that is on version 7.5.1.0 -- How are we to know whether the link is actually 7.5.2.0 ?????

#26 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

Development forgot to update it before leaving for a conference. We have to wait until they are available to update the website page.

Renee
RootsMagic

#27 amkling

amkling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:20 AM

I experienced the same issues when trying to install 7.5.1.  Contacted RootsMagic chat and was told there are problems installing if you have McAfee Security: shut down PC for at least one minute to drain power, temporarily turn off McAfee, download RootsMagic 7.5.1 from the link on the website, right-click on the download file to run as Administrator.  The download started, had a message about whether to download a geocode file, the installation only worked when I deselected the geocode file.  I am running Windows 10.

RoostMagic -- do you think you could post a notice about this McAfee problem BEFORE we download??  Or fix the problem?  I had to go through this again when I tried to update to 7.5.2 -- you can't just click on the update link!!

#28 RobJ

RobJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:01 PM

I hope you won't be offended by this, but I don't believe you can find any computer or security professional that would ever recommend McAfee.  Most of us would consider McAfee the real problem, and would quickly uninstall every shred of it, then look for any tentacles it tried to leave behind.  Your computer will thank you and run faster with less problems.  If you have to have an anti-malware, try the Microsoft one, or MalwareBytes, or a free one, with unnecessary protections turned off.  Don't listen to hype.  McAfee is a master of hype, but then so are many products.

#29 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 7855 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

Windows labels McAfee borderline malware now. It just doesn't play well with Windows. I'm actually very happy with Windows Defender on my computer. 

Renee
RootsMagic