3 replies to this topic

#1 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 07:28 AM

I create and select further research Named Groups mainly by marking individuals through Data Field Selection and then making my comparisons and required edits.

Whilst People View is useful it has to be constantly rejigged to show the required data, I would prefer to do this in RM Explorer where all data is readily visible and can be easily edited. So I would like to see an option to restrict the scope of RM Explorer to a Named Group selection for that very purpose.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#2 TomH

TomH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6251 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:49 AM

Gets my vote. RM Explorer could be a main View and Alt-R (RIN search) could work for all Views along with Group filters for applicable ones.

Tom user of RM7550 FTM2017 Ancestry.ca FamilySearch.org FindMyPast.com
SQLite_Tools_For_Roots_Magic_in_PR_Celti wiki, exploiting the database in special ways >>> RMtrix-tiny.png app, a bundle of RootsMagic utilities.

#3 Vyger

Vyger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3407 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

Gets my vote. RM Explorer could be a main View and Alt-R (RIN search) could work for all Views along with Group filters for applicable ones.

Goes without saying I use it a lot and have wished for the ability to create more custom tabs with their own layout akin to People View.

If a Details Tab, mimicking RM Explorer display, was added to the main view and the Sidebar added Death Date display as an option then it would be covered as long as adding to QuickGroups was also facilitated.

Its amazing how many new to Rootsmagic have not yet found RM Explorer so maybe a new tab on the main view would benefit many.

We are all limited by our visions and abilities

Whilst we can borrow from the visions of others we cannot always deliver.

User of Family Historian 6.2.7, Rootsmagic 7.6.0, Family Tree Maker 2014 & Legacy 7.5

Excel to Gedcom conversion - simple getting started tutorials here

Root

#4 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8452 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:12 AM

Confirming these are on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: research, named groups