• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GreenwoodKL

GreenwoodKL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 06:25 PM

I would like to request the ability to exclude particular fact types (usually custom) from being part of the TreeShare exchange between RM and Ancestry.  I have several custom fact types to store private information that I'd rather not share with my Ancestry tree.

#2 mjashby

mjashby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

Question: Does marking those events as 'Private' in RootsMagic not inhibit synchronisation through TreeShare?

MJA

"A Mac User with Windows Tendencies"

#3 GreenwoodKL

GreenwoodKL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

I've heard that marking facts 'Private' would block sharing, but haven't tested that personally.  A few comments:

• I think it could be useful to allow the ability to toggle Privacy on a Fact Type setting instead of having to go to each instance of that fact type to toggle Privacy.
  • If an ability to block a Fact Type from TreeShare were added to Fact Type settings, it would make sense to me to add it to the list of "Include when:"

#4 mjashby

mjashby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:10 AM

O.K., I think I'm with you now.  

I know that the only way to do this in FTM was/is to privatise all facts individually which did/does prevent them from being uploaded to Ancestry - the only fact that can't be suppressed in this way in FTM is Gender.

I would certainly agree it could be useful to have an Option Setting (another Tick Box?) to switch on the Private status for individual customised Fact Types, instead of the Privacy Flag always defaulting to 'off', assuming it can be confirmed that this would inhibit the sharing of those 'sensitive' facts/details with Ancestry.

Mervyn

MJA

"A Mac User with Windows Tendencies"

#5 Renee Zamora

Renee Zamora

Advanced Member

• Support
  • PipPipPip
  • 8029 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:15 AM

Confirming this is on the enhancement request list. 

Renee
RootsMagic